Our rehabilitation program is designed for residents recovering from surgery or illness. Long and short-term rehabilitative needs are accommodated utilizing on-site physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
The Kutz Home is a Medicare-certified rehabilitation center. All therapeutic programs are developed and implemented by licensed therapists. We provide a safe, supportive environment to help residents achieve their maximum level of independence. Individualized treatment plans are created through the efforts of our interdisciplinary team with input from the resident and their family.
Following intensive therapy, residents may participate in our Functional Maintenance Program, geared toward maintaining a level of ability to the extent appropriate for the individual. Many residents receiving rehabilitation following an illness, injury, or surgery regain their skills and self-sufficiency enabling them to return to their own homes.
We are dedicated to restoring abilities while enriching lives.
The occupational therapist helps residents return to their optimal level of independence. Functional skills such as self-feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting, and homemaking are restored through occupational therapy.
- Activities of Daily Living
- Splint Fabrication & Modification
- Upper Extremity Strengthening & Coordination
- Assistive Device Assessment & Training
- Instruction in Self-Help Tasks
- Cognitive/Perceptual Assessment & Training
(Including Recommendations for Environmental Adaptations)
- Physical Energy Conservation Techniques
Physical therapy meets the needs of residents who have a loss of function or independence due to an illness or injury. Residents are helped to regain functional abilities such as walking, balance, and endurance.
Comprehensive Physical Therapy offers:
- Gait Training with Assistive Devices
- Muscle Strengthening & Coordination
- Home Safety Assessment/Family Training
- Prosthetic Evaluation & Training
- Transfer Training
- Pain Management
The speech pathologist treats residents with speech, language, swallowing, and hearing impairments. The resident’s ability to communicate and swallow are two functional skills improved through speech therapy.
- Speech-Language Evaluation/Therapy
- Swallowing (Dysphagia) Evaluation & Treatment
(Including Food Texture Evaluation & Recommendations)
- Alternative Means of Communication
Assessment & Training
- Vocal Evaluation & Treatment
- Cognitive Assessment & Training
Functional Maintenance Program
The Functional Maintenance Program is available following skilled rehabilitation therapy to preserve a resident’s optimum level of functioning and independence. Ambulation and range of motion are the focus of the functional maintenance program.